Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I'm going to have an Issue with this Issues Paper...


So many options, yet no ideas. So where to start? Chris said we should think about things that we are interested in so here we go. I think writing a paper about the globalization of sports would be interesting. You could talk about the formation of things like the Olympics and how some countries allow foreign people to come in to play sports there. It also unifies the world with good spirited competition. I had a chance to see the World Cup advertised in South Korea just as much as it was in the U.S, and the actual competition was in Africa! I think sports are very interesting, when globalization is taken into account.

Another option could be something like movies, language, or even business?
I'm not sure on how to turn any of these into arguments though, without doing the boring ''this is true'' argument. Any help on that problem would be appreciated. Maybe I could say that good spirited competition can reduce global conflicts through friendly interaction?
 Help me out everyone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment