Friday, February 25, 2011

The Light at the End of the Tunnel


Wow! Rhetorical analysis: check! We are going through these papers like lightening, but they've all been great so far. Although the rhetorical analysis was a lot harder for me to write then i thought it was going to be, it all turned out okay. I agreed with what was stated in class today, that it is so nice and appreciated to be able to pick your own topic for our papers. I am glad that for this one we had guidelines and articles to choose from, instead of an unlimited number of topics.

I thought that Friday in class was great because Chris was able to go over some things that he noticed and clear them up for us. Those types of class periods are the best because they can often clear up a lot of common confusion. The peer editing was a very successful day too, and it helped us to experience yet a different style of editing. Varying the different methods of teaching and writing is very important to help us all realize what works best for us.

Although nervous about the style of paper at the beginning, i overall thought that the Rhetorical Analysis proved to be a success. It helped me to focus on a style of writing that i have never been introduced to before.  This helps me to know that my college education is even broader and i am thankful that this class helped me achieve this. Thanks to all!
Sara K

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, the last two class periods have been so helpful! It's nice in our fast paced college careers to be able to take a catch up day. It definitely cleared up lots of confusion for me!

    -ER

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, first of all, I love the title of your post! Continuing on, I agree with what you said about how fast we're going through the papers. I don't remember any of my papers in high school being done so quickly. However, at the same time, it's been two months and we've cranked out two papers. That seems pretty normal, so I don't know. Nonetheless, I like the paper. I was nervous too but I'm coming out of it with a really positive attitude and hopefulness for a good grade! Good luck on yours!

    -mmg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lizabeth- Agreed. Very nice to take a breather.
    MMG- Thank you. You too! It probably seems fast because time is flying by. Happy March 1st! haha

    ReplyDelete