Friday, January 7, 2011

The contents of an empty mind...

I've never been very good at the initial point of brainstorming. If i've already got an idea in my head its not as hard to branch out to others, but right now, i have nothing. So im going to give this my best shot and see where i end up at the bottom. Frankly to this point in the year I have tried to just continue to survive college and be as optimistic as possible, so to be asked to suddenly have a solid opinion of my own is quite unusual.

I have very mixed feelings about BYU at times so its hard to pick a solid opinion on one thing or another. I read the paper written on a ''kissless campus'' and although that is extremem i agreed with her and thought the paper was very amusing so i'd like to aim for that. I do not enjoy freshman housing and how because both genders are not always allowed inside. They must resort to the dark corners of the sidewalks where i like to, well, walk.

I am also curious why, unlike in high school, a P.E and/or music class of some sort is not required as a general education requirement. I could always talk about that. Anyway, with two very diverse ideas hopefully that gets me somewhere. Thanks.

4 comments:

  1. Ashley, we should be friends! i agree with all of it. Especially the scary, scandalous dark corners. I'd much rather just be able to watch a movie at someones place. I also am completely blank when it comes to brainstorming. It's unlikely that anything i come up with tonight will actually be my paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kendall! I'm sure you'll think of something great. I am confused though. Who is Ashley? ;)

    sk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol...

    You've got some great ideas here, Sarah. Now you just have to choose one and stick with it! I think any of the potential topics you've presented here would make interesting and potentially persuasive OpEds--so my suggestion would be to just take the one that sounds most interesting or that you feel strongest about, and see where it takes you!

    -cbh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much! I hope it ends up sounding alright. See you tomorrow.
    sak

    ReplyDelete