Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Peer Review Day



Today's peer review was different than many that i am used to but i enjoyed it a lot. Honestly i was expecting to just run around the room and let as many people as possible read my work and then tell me it was pretty good, or give me a comment or two, then be done. I like this way a little bit better because by requiring us to write and answer certain questions about each others work we were guaranteed good feedback. It liked being able to answer the questions for my own paper too, because then when what i thought was the best quality really turned out to be the best it made me really happy.


I did not appreciate having to read my own paper out loud though. If there is some scientific reason why that helps with the process i'll tough it out and do it but it definitely was something i wasn't used to. It probably helps with voice and understanding context so i suppose its not that bad. Anyway, a very good day in English class for sure.

Both of our papers were about education issues at BYU so i've adorned my post with a beautiful graduation cap.

4 comments:

  1. It was definitely different having to read our papers aloud, but I do think it was helpful. It will just be something we'll have to get used to!
    -A.M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked that we had set questions as well. It guarenteed that we would have both good comment and bad comments. I guess some people only like bad comments sometimes, but I feel that it's also important to say good comments, because then the writer will know what their strengths are.
    -CSM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I like how honest you are! :) I guess the reading outloud only helps some people. I remember when i was in church and had to give a speech I'd always read my speech aloud to my parents before the meeting. To me, I felt it helped but I love how everyone has different opinions! Thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked what you said about reading the paper aloud. I like reading, but when it's my own work, I too am still shy. I think one thing I appreciate about the class, and that magical 20 sided die, is that we are all getting better about discussing our work. Don't be shy to read aloud! We're all supportive!

    -mmg

    ReplyDelete