Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Starting to come into focus..

So for my OpEd I have decided to focus on the General Education requirements of BYU and why they are what they are. A more specific aspect of my paper will be to address what happened to PE and Music requirements. I will of course be the writer and my general audience will be broadened to staff, faculty and students at BYU. The purpose will hopefully be to help people realize the important aspect of life they are missing out on by not focusing on healthy life styles and musical talent. My argument will definitely be in the beginning stages of the rhetoric life cycle but i hope to spark discussion on the matter and encourage people to see the importance of having this knowledge.

Some people may argue that those topics are not important to a higher education but I will argue that a healthy lifestyle and exercising the creative side of your brain are very important to everyday living. That is why we had to take those types of classes in the Elementary through High School ages. I also find it interesting that BYU once had an exercise class listed as a General Education class but is no longer required. So these are my basic topics and thoughts. I'm debating whether to stick with just PE and not try and argue both PE and music. I think it might be easier then i can talk about things like these health conscious people here. :)

1 comment:

  1. Music is really important! I think it should be a GE too. Being healthy is also really important. As students we would gain (or lose!!!) a lot with PE courses.
    -NS

    ReplyDelete